France/Switzerland: Holcim and Lafarge have announced the executive committee for the proposed merged company, LafargeHolcim, due to be formed in the first half of 2015. As previously announced, Lafarge's current CEO Bruno Lafont will become LafargeHolcim's first CEO and the chairman of the new board will be Wolfgang Reitzle, currently chairman of Holcim.
Lafont will lead a project team of 10 managers from both Holcim and Lafarge to handle the transition. Once the merger is finalised, the members of this project team will be officially appointed members of the Executive Committee.
The future executive committee is composed of:
- Finance: Thomas Aebischer, currently in charge of Finance at Holcim;
- Integration, Organisation and Human Resources: Jean-Jacques Gauthier, currently in charge of Finance at Lafarge;
- Europe: Roland Köhler, currently in charge of Europe at Holcim;
- Asia Pacific: Ian Thackwray, currently in charge of East Asia Pacific and Trading at Holcim;
- Middle-East Africa: Eric Olsen, currently in charge of Operations at Lafarge;
- North America: Alain Bourguignon, previously in charge of North America and UK at Holcim;
- Latin America: Saâd Sebbar, currently in charge of Morocco at Lafarge;
- Performance and Cost: Urs Bleisch, currently in charge of Corporate Functions at Holcim;
- Growth and Innovation: Gérard Kuperfarb, currently in charge of Innovation at Lafarge;
In India both companies are well on track in preparing the merger of Holcim and Lafarge, with the future structure for the subcontinent to be announced in due course upon clearance by the Competition Commission of India.
The current executive committees of Holcim and Lafarge remain in charge and accountable for the activity and operations of their respective groups until completion of the merger. Both groups continue to operate entirely separately as competitors until the merger is completed.
The selection and nomination process for the rest of the leadership team is also well underway. Apart from the future executive committee, the following direct reports of the future CEO have been selected under project mode:
- Strategy and M&A, Christof Haessig, currently in charge of Corporate Finance and Treasury at Holcim;
- Communication, Public Affairs and Sustainable Development, Alexandra Rocca, currently in charge of Communication, Public Affairs and Sustainable Development at Lafarge;
- Legal, Xavier Dedullen, currently in charge of Legal & Compliance at Holcim;
- Health and Safety, Sapna Sood, currently in charge of Health and Safety at Lafarge.