Europe: Lafarge and Holcim have completed the appointments for the future executive committee of LafargeHolcim following a recommendation by Eric Olsen, future CEO of the combined group. The future executive committee, under the leadership of Eric Olsen, is composed of:
- Finance - Thomas Aebischer, currently in charge of finance at Holcim;
- Integration, organisation and human resources - Jean-Jacques Gauthier, currently in charge of finance at Lafarge;
- Europe - Roland Köhler, currently in charge of Europe at Holcim;
- Asia Pacific - Ian Thackwray, currently in charge of East Asia Pacific and trading at Holcim;
- Middle-East Africa - Saâd Sebbar, currently in charge of Morocco at Lafarge;
- North America - Alain Bourguignon, previously in charge of North America and the UK at Holcim;
- Latin America - Pascal Casanova, currently in charge of France at Lafarge;
- Performance and cost - Urs Bleisch, currently in charge of corporate functions at Holcim;
- Growth and innovation - Gérard Kuperfarb, currently in charge of innovation at Lafarge.
Following appropriate information-consultation processes with relevant works councils and employee representatives, Lafarge and Holcim have now entered a binding agreement with CRH regarding the sale of several assets. The assets include operations mainly in Europe, Canada, Brazil and the Philippines with an enterprise value of Euro6.5bn. The divestments remain subject to the completion of the merger including the acceptance of Holcim's public exchange offer by the shareholders of Lafarge. The merger is expected to close in July 2015.