Lafarge Nigeria unit acquires United Cement

Print this page

Nigeria: An affiliate of Lafarge Africa, Nigerian Cement Holdings (NCH), has completed a 100% acquisition of Nigeria's third-largest cement manufacturer United Cement Company of Nigeria (UNICEM). Lafarge did not disclose the purchase price. NCH owned 70% equity in UNICEM before agreeing to the deal in November 2014 to buy the remaining 30% from Flour Mills. UNICEM cement plant in Cross River has a production capacity of 2.5Mt/yr and is undergoing an expansion to 5Mt/yr, to be completed in 2016.

Last modified on 07 October 2015

URL: https://globalcement.com/news/item/4203-lafarge-nigeria-unit-acquires-united-cement

© 2021 Pro Global Media Ltd. All rights reserved.