Lebanon: Intercem is building a hot gas system for a coal mill at the LafargeHolcim Chekka plant. The engineering company won the contract for the job in 2015. It is the second such contract for Intercem to build a hot gas system following a previous project at a plant in Jordan in 2013.
The new hot gas system in the coal mill plant in Chekka connects the preheater with the coal mill and comprises a hot gas duct with a length of 360m and a diameter of 900mm. The process data of the hot gas outlet of the heat exchanger are of 18,500Nm3/hour at 400°C.
The turnkey scope of supply and services for the project includes:
- Project management
- As-built-survey of the existing plant using 3D-Laser scanning
- Review of the statics of the existing steel structure and concrete construction
- Process- and detail engineering
- Supply of the mechanical equipment including steel structure
- Coordination of the locally produced components
- Supply of the electrical equipment including clarification of connections and integration into the existing control systems
- Execution of the complete foundation works
- Transport management
- Electrical and mechanical assembly of the plant
- Commissioning of the hot gas system
- Training of the operating team
In addition ducts, a cyclone, a process fan and several control dampers, compensators, the complete instrumentation and automation as well as a new recirculation duct with two control dampers at the existing vertical coal mill have been supplied.
Handover to the customer is planned for fourth quarter of 2016.